Saturday, April 23, 2011

Architectural alchemy

An important reason for taking the opportunity to head to Copenhagen is a 2009 TED talk by Bjarke Ingels. When watching this talk for the first time I had made all practical arrangements to switch career and was in the middle of one of those  “what the “#$^&*@ have I done – this will never work out” episodes. 


This TED talk showed me there were people with similar ideas out there already walking the walk. The bit on the Mountain dwellings really resonated with me: a building designed to optimize the living experience of all its inhabitants (and the views from the neighboring building where Ingels lived himself at the time), considering environmental issue, economically feasible and architecturally interesting. Inspiring and motivating me to keep going down my new career path.
 

Image: Installation of Steen Hoyer, DAC, Copenhagen April 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment